View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 04:25 AM   #18
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 18

Prayer For Tough Times

Dear Lord,
Teach me to be content when I’m facing a bad day.
How easy it is to be happy when everything goes my well.
How tough it is to remember my joy when one thing after another appears to defeat me.
Turn my frown into a smile. Tears into laughter.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

I am content to face the rest of my life without alcohol.

I have surrendered as gracefully as possible to the inevitable. I have made the great decision once and for all. I have no more reservations. Nothing can happen to me now that would justify my taking a drink. No death of a dear one. No great calamity in any area of my life should justify me in drinking. Even if I were on some desert isle, far from the rest of the world, but not far from God, should I ever feel it right to drink. For me, alcohol is out - period.

So ............

I will always be safe unless I take that first drink. Am I fully resigned to this fact?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Holding Your Own

Sometimes, it is hard to stand in our own truth and trust what we know, especially when others would try to convince us otherwise. Others may be dealing with issues of guilt and shame. They may have their own agenda. They may be immersed in denial.

Believing lies is dangerous. When we stop trusting our truth, when we repress our instincts, when we tell ourselves there must be something wrong with us for feeling what we feel or believing what we believe, we deal a deadly blow to our self and our health. We discount that important part of ourselves that knows what is the truth. This does not mean that we are never wrong. But we are not always wrong.

Today, I will trust my truth, my instincts, and my ability to ground myself in reality. I will not allow myself to be swayed by bullying, manipulating, games, dishonesty, or people with peculiar agendas. Trust yourself. Trust what you know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ultimate Authority

Tradition Two - "For our group purpose, there is but one ultimate authority - a loving God as He may express Himself in our group conscience."

Where does A.A. get its direction? Who runs it? This, too, is a puzzler for every friend and newcomer. When told that our Society has no president having authority to govern it, no treasurer who can compel the payment of any dues, no board of directors who can cast an erring member into outer darkness, when indeed no A.A. can give another a directive and enforce obedience, our friends gasp and exclaim, "This simply can't be. There must be an angle somewhere." These practical folk then read Tradition Two, and learn that the sole authority in A.A. is a loving God as He may express Himself in the group conscience. They dubiously ask an experienced A.A. member if this really works. The member, sane to all appearances, immediately answers, "Yes! It definitely does." The friends mutter that this looks vague, nebulous, pretty naive to them. Then they commence to watch us with speculative eyes, pick up a fragment of A.A. history, and soon have the solid facts.

Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions Page 13

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

”Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us.” -- Eric Hoffer
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote