and in my looking;
God be in my mouth
and in my speaking;
God be in my heart
and in my thinking;
God be in my end
and at my departing.

-- Author Unknown, c. 1514
(the Sarum Primer of 1514, which was a book of prayers that was collected by the clergy at Salisbury Cathedral in the south central part of England)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Strength comes from coming to believe in a Higher Power that can help you.

You might not be able to define this Higher Power, but you can see how it helps other alcoholics. You hear them talk about it and you begin to get the idea yourself. You try praying in a quiet time each morning and you begin to feel stronger, as though your prayers were heard. So you gradually come to believe there must be a Power in the world outside of yourself, which is stronger than you and which you can turn to for help.

So ............

Am I receiving strength from my faith in a Higher Power?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Selfish Desires

We should work at overcoming our selfish desires and our self-centeredness. This can never be fully accomplished. We can never become entirely unselfish. But we can come to realize that we are not at the center of the universe and that everything does not revolve around us at the center.

I can at least make the effort to conquer the self-life and seek daily to obtain more and more of this self-conquest.** "He that overcomes himself is greater than he who conquers a city."

**(Self conquest is a value which makes us strive for perfection in every aspect of our lives, overcoming handicaps and striving to achieve what we have intended.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shared Gift

Faith is more than our greatest gift; its sharing with others is our greatest responsibility. May we of A.A. continually seek the wisdom and the willingness by which we may well fulfill that immense trust which the Giver of all perfect gifts has placed in our hands.

"As Bill Sees It" Page 13

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive good things and good people will be drawn to you.” -- Mary Lou Retton
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote