View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 04:34 AM   #24
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 24

Obsessive Thoughts Prayer

Lord,
You know how much I want to cling to these concerns and rehearse them over and over again in my head.
Rid me of these obsessive thoughts. I give all my worries and cares to You, for I know You care about each minor detail.
Forgive me for failing to fully trust in Your providence for me, and help me develop a greater faith.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Strength comes also from working with other alcoholics.

When you are trying to help a new prospect with the program, you are building up your own strength at the same time. You see the other person in the condition you might be in yourself and it makes your resolve to stay sober stronger than ever. Often, you help yourself more than the other person, but if you do succeed in helping the prospect to get sober, you are stronger from the experience of having helped another person.

So ............

Am I still receiving strength from helping others?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Contributing

Our lives have been enriched by the contributions of those who lived before us. Many men and women gave more than they ever took from society, and now we enjoy the rewards. They gave so much because they knew they were a part of their community and the world.

Most of us cannot make the great contributions that will make us famous, but we enrich our lives when we contribute freely to improving our community and the world. We do that when we simply say hello to our neighbor, or when we serve on volunteer committees to beautify and enrich our neighborhoods. This allows us to contribute to the world, and that gives us a feeling of peace and self-respect.

Today, I will appreciate all that comes freely to me from others, and I will give what I can to make the world a better place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Self Will

The philosophy of self-sufficiency doesn't pay off. Plainly enough, it is a bone-crushing juggernaut whose final achievement is ruin. Therefore, we can consider ourselves fortunate indeed. Each of us has had his own near-fatal encounter with the juggernaut of self-will, and has suffered enough under its weight to look for something better.

Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions Pages 37-38

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.” -- Lao Tzu, ancient Chinese philosopher
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote