View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 05:18 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 15

Prayer for Comforting

Dear God,
Some days feel too hard. We’re hurting. Struggling.
Fighting fear and worry at every turn.
Thank you in the midst of it all, you haven’t left us to fend for ourselves.
Forgive us for doubting you are there.
Forgive us for thinking you’ve forgotten.
Forgive us for believing we somehow know the better way.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Who am I to judge other people?

Have I proved by my great success in life that I know all the answers? Exactly the opposite. Until I came into A.A., my life could be called a failure. I made all the mistakes one could make. I took all the wrong roads there were to take. On the basis of my record, am I a fit person to be a judge of other people? Hardly. In A.A. I have learned not to judge people. I am so often wrong. Let the results of what they do judge them. It's not up to me.

So ............

Am I less harsh in my judgment of people?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Taking Care of Ourselves

We do not have to wait for others to come to our aid. We are not victims. We are not helpless.

Letting go of faulty thinking means we realize there are no knights on white horses, no magical grandmothers in the sky watching, waiting to rescue us. Teachers may come our way, but they will not rescue. They will teach. People who care will come, but they will not rescue. We are our own rescuers.

Our relationships will improve dramatically when we stop rescuing others and stop expecting them to rescue us.

I will let go of the fears and self-doubt that block me from taking assertive action in my best interest. I can take care of myself and let others do the same for themselves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dependency

Plainly, I could not avail myself of God's love until I was able to offer it back to Him by loving others as He would have me. And I couldn't possibly do that as long as I was victimized by false dependencies. For my dependency meant demand -- a demand for the possession and control of the people and the conditions surrounding me.

The Best of Bill Page 56

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"There are two ways to slide easily through life: To believe everything or to doubt everything. Both ways save us from thinking." -- Alfred Korzybski
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: