View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 03:01 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 14

Prayer Encouraging Friends

Dear Lord,
I pray for my friends right now. I pray that you will help them with the struggles they are going through in this season. For you know exactly what they need in this moment. Draw near to them and let them feel your presence. Open their eyes, ears, and hearts to you. Help them have the discernment to hear your voice as you lead them in their next steps. Speak to them as they read your word and bring verses of encouragement and comfort to their attention. I pray that you will calm any fear or anxiety they may be feeling. Replace it with confidence. I pray that your guidance will be clear to them from this day forward. Amen.

~ Carrie Lowrance

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

This sober world is a pleasant place for an alcoholic to live in.

Once you've gotten out of your alcoholic fog, you find that the world looks good. You find real friends in A.A. You get a job. You feel good in the morning. You eat a good breakfast and you do a good day's work at home or outside. And your family loves you and welcomes you because you're sober.

So ............

Am I convinced that this sober world is a pleasant place for an alcoholic to live in?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

God's Will

Each day, ask God what God wants us to do today; then ask God to help. A simple request, but so profound and far reaching it can take us anywhere we need to go.

Listen: all that we want, all that we need, all the answers, all the help, all the good, all the love, all the healing, all the wisdom, all the fulfillment of desire is embodied in this simple request. We need say no more than Thank You.

This Plan that has been made for us is not one of deprivation. It is one of fullness, joy, and abundance. Walk into it. See for yourself.

I will ask God to show me what God wants me to do for this day, and then ask for help to do that. I will trust that is sufficient to take me into light and joy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sharing

In spite of the great increase in the size and the span of this Fellowship, at its core it remains simple and personal. Each day, somewhere in the world, recovery begins when one alcoholic talks with another alcoholic, sharing experience, strength, and hope.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page xxii

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Love consists in sharing what one has and what one is with those one loves. Love ought to show itself in deeds more than in words." ~ Ignatius of Loyola (1491-1556)
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: