View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 04:02 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 3

Bad Mood Prayer

Good Morning Lord,
We woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
We admit that our attitude isn't what we want it to be.
Our words have been short, our actions unkind, and we've cast some looks at people that have been down right mean.
Everything has irritated us today.

Lord, the thing is, we don't want to be this way but we don't know how to shake this bad mood off which is why we pray. We are not even sure why we feel this way. Maybe it's because there is so much going on that we feel overwhelmed, or maybe there isn't enough change happening and we feel stalled, or maybe we're frustrated by things out of our control.

Lord, we are not even sure why we feel this way. Maybe it's because there is so much going on that we feel overwhelmed, or maybe there isn't enough change happening and we feel stalled, or maybe we're frustrated by things out of our control.

Lord, we know that it will take some time to bring real change in our lives but right now our actions are causing damage: hurting relationships, opening wounds in others so we ask right now for an injection of your spirit. We ask that you would come and replace irritation with kindness, frustration with gentleness, and anger with joy.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

What makes A.A. work?

The first thing is to have a revulsion against myself and my way of living. Then I must admit I was helpless, that alcohol had me licked and I couldn't do anything about it. The next thing is to honestly want to quit the old life. Then I must surrender my life to a Higher Power, put my drinking problem in His hands and leave it there. After these things are done, I should attend meetings regularly for fellowship and sharing. I should also try to help other alcoholics.

So ............

Am I doing these things?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Reaching for Happiness

Life is like a winding path surrounded by flowers, butterflies, and delicious fruit, but many of us spend much of life looking for happiness around the next corner. We do not bend to enjoy the happiness, which is ours for the taking just at our feet.

In our desire to reach the "pot of gold," the complete and lasting happiness we all want to fill our lives, we ignore anything which doesn't seem worthy of such a large ambition, or which can't give us the whole thing all at once.

Happiness is all around us, but it often comes in small grains. When we gather it grain by grain, we soon have a basketful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Strong

A.A. members are not emotional cripples who need someone to hold their hands every moment of the day and night to prevent their falling. We grow up with the help of God, as we understand Him, and the fellowship of the group, and by applying the Twelve Steps to our lives.

Came to Believe Page 109

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the aching or cool one pain. or help one fainting Robin unto his nest again. I shall not live in vain.” ~ Emily Dickinson
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: