View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 6

KEEP TRYING

"Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!" Psalm 66:20

"We shouldn't be shy on this matter of prayer." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 85

For what it's worth: Even during my 10 years in the seminary, studying to be a Franciscan priest, prayer was superficial. As my alcoholism progressed, I stopped praying all together. I do not remember asking, but, for some reason, when alcohol dragged me close to everlasting torment, God reached down to save me. He delivered me to Alcoholics Anonymous. At first, I would not pray when others did. However, the longer I was away from that last drink, the more I felt the need for prayer. With sobriety and the Twelve Steps, my prayer life improved, but is still weak. I tend to run through prayers, placing other things as more important. I am deeply grateful for my Heavenly Father's loving patience. Often, I have to practice Steps Six and Seven and talk to Him about this defect. He always welcomes me and whispers to me to keep trying.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: