View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 05:29 PM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

“Sometimes when I'm talking, my words can't keep up with
my thoughts. I wonder why we think faster than we speak.
Probably so we can think twice.” - - Bill Watterson
Have found over the years that I have learned to hesitate and meditate before I speak. That is a real departure from the old me, even in recovery, I wanted to tell people, who it should be done!

For me to walk away and not react was and is a big step for me. I still may come back and share my own experience, strength, and hope. It just won't be done with resentment and anger. I have always been a person who has believed in standing up for what she believes in. For too many years, mum was the word and it all festered inside, only to explode in anger and hate. I am a firm believer in it isn't about what you say, it is about how you say it. When you let go of the anger and always having to be right, things can be stated in truth. Agreeing to disagree was a wonderful tool in recovery.

I use to tell my ex-husband, you just took your foot out of your mouth to put the other one in. My tongue was a real weapon. In today, I try to use it for healing, instead of tearing people apart and forgetting to put them back together after ward.

I have had a lot of deep seated anger of the years. It was buried very deep and I didn't realize it was there until I heard myself speak.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote