View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 03:11 PM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

The Bible can be a good recovery tool. So often man reads into something they want it to say and often take things out of context. They see a few words and forget the rest.

http://biblehub.com/james/1-19.htm

For many years, I feared the wrath of God, because I did not obey the laws of the church. I was very angry at the "thou shall nots" not the 10 commandments, but the the ones that stopped me from dancing, movies, playing cards, etc. I felt like I might as well get hung as a sheep as a lamp and tried drinking, smoking and looking for love in all the wrong places and for all the wrong reasons.

Today I am slower to anger, although this morning I got a little ticked off when a man came in the front door, saw me coming with my walker from the mall door and didn't wait for me, hold the door open for the elevator. He went up to 10. It wasn't a long wait and wasn't really all his fault, I was cold and waited a long time for my bus. I was going to visit a person in the coffee area and I was going to take myself out for lunch, but decided to do neither. I won't mention the name that I called him. Suffice to say, I said a 'little' prayer for him and me.

The opposite example was patience. It says slow to wrath. In order to be slow, that means I need to be patient. Not too good with that one either. I am certainly a whole lot happier when I don't go around mad. Mad at the world, mad at myself, just makes me a very unhappy person with no peace and serenity.

Still working on this anger thing, have a couple of issues that I need to pray on.

Quote:
Get a biblical perspective on dealing with anger and how to handle emotions. Read Bible quotes about being angry and not sinning. Discover how to live free from the control of anger.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/topic...-bible-verses/

I have found that it is alright to be angry, but it is how I deal with it and how long I hang onto it that is important. An angry moment should not spoil a whole day.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote