View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 01:49 AM   #14
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

The smallest deed is better than the grandest intention. The smallest kindness is better than the best pitch.

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.

- Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

Like this, like even better that we are suppose to do nice things and not tell people what we did. I remember thinking that I had to tell because you wouldn't know I was working a good program if you didn't see me do it. LOL! The Egotist, the Self-centered alcoholic/addict who thinks it is all about them. Not knowing that the people on the other side of the street are just as sick if not sicker from being around them and picking up their bad habits.

My intention was to do good, often though it was to get back, get attention, get recognition, and/or strokes and have you like me. I felt unloved, unwanted, rejected, abandoned, and hurt by the actions of others, and full of fear.

It is difficult some days when you are at war with yourself. Coming from both sides of the track, it is about looking at the whole picture. It is about the good of the whole, not always about what is good for me.

AA says get out of self and help others. Al-Anon says, you have always taken care of others, take care of yourself. What I found was: I need to take care of myself so I could help others.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote