MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Wednesday, November 5, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

Nature, the Gentlest Mother, is
Impatient of no Child . . . .
—Emily Dickinson

When a girl sits on the seashore, the waves do not try to slap her around. When a boy wanders alone in a field, the sky does not accuse him of talking back. When a man is alone in the woods, does the earth nag him for failing once more? And when a woman is alone in the park, does the wind whisper behind her back? Nature never blames or condemns: she gives us freedom of thought and plenty of space. Nature's ways are proven and true; she lets us grow at our own rate. Nature brings us sleep, dawn, new days; she is full of new life.

We are a part of nature, and everything we do is part of it. We can find comfort in this knowledge, if we take the time to remember it when we are feeling bad. Nature is always willing to share its serenity.

When we escape to nature, what feelings do we have that we want to take back home with us?
When I am out in nature, it reinforces the power of the Creator. It makes me aware of how each living thing gets just what it needs to grow and survive unless man interferes. When you just sit and soak up the energy around you, you come home with many gifts if you are open to receive them.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote