View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 08:12 AM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Saturday, November 8, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination.
—Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

We use our imaginations to plan how we're going to build a model car or plane, rearrange the furniture in our rooms, even dress for a special party. The imagination is like a big piece of drawing paper on which we sketch the way we want something to look.

When we don't know just how to begin a task, the imagination gets us started. It's like having the directions for playing a new game. Dreams about the future, where we want to go, the jobs we want to have, are made more real when we "draw" them in our minds. The imagination gives us courage, too.

Do I have the courage today to imagine a better me?
Sometimes I think my imagination works overtime, and I have to bring it back to reality and make sure I am grounded. Some days when the pain is bad, it is hard to envision a good day and yet it is good in today to see people and receive a smile and a compliment for all the hard work and effort for that has gone into the past months of trying to heal and feel better. A big part was coming off the medication the doctor gave me, making healthy food choices, and getting some exercise when I can.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote