Quote:
Tuesday, November 11, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

We shall not cease from exploration,
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive from where we started
And know the place for the first time.
—T. S. Eliot

We spend much of our lives looking forward to milestones we hope will mark our passage into wisdom - that time and place when once and for all we will know all there is to know.

When I am 13, I'll be grown up, we say. When I am 16, 18, 21, drive a car, graduate, marry, write a book, own a house, find a job, or retire; then I'll be grown up.

When we seek complete transformation, mere insight is disappointing. We find we don't know all there is to know - not at thirteen or 35 or 80. We are still growing up.

The baby, the child, the younger person each of us was yesterday is still with us; we continue to love, hate, hurt, grieve, startle, delight, feel.

There is no magic moment of lasting enlightenment; simply a series of fleeting moments lived one at a time each day. They bring us home to who we've always been.

What small thing have I learned today?
Things will either happen or they won't! If they are meant to be, they will be. If I try to make them happen, they often have a distorted sense of being or they seem to be missing a key component. i.e. Like trying to sleep, I have tried to go to bed three times and so far it hasn't happened. So what did I do? I got up and posted. Hopefully, now I will be able to sleep.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote