View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 07:11 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Some of them are still around, met up with a member who use to be a member of my group, which closed.

I was told to be aware of your actions and check out your thinking between the years of 5 and 10 years of sobriety. People tend to think they know it all, think they no longer need those people, forgetting that they are one of those people. It is a one day at a time program. I need the program in today, just as much as I did in early recovery. It isn't about my pain, quite often my pain is because I am not working my program.

It is nice to come to the site and share with others or read what others share, but you can't beat a face to face meeting or a hug. Just sitting in a chair, even if you don`t feel like sharing, carries a message that you care. Others can see you, and if you have several 24 hours put together, you give the newcomer hope.

I made my chiropractor's appointment for next week so that I can go to my Al-Anon meeting. If it is raining, I won't get to either. If I can't get out in today, I must always remember to go to my God and make a connection, not just me talking and dumping my woes, but taking time to listen to what He/She has to say to me.

Have you forgotten where you came from? Have you heard the expression, `Give back what was so freely given to you` and if you don`t give back, you will lose your sobriety. You don`t get to keep it.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote