Thread: Depression
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 12:04 AM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

There are several types of depression. There is clinical depression, and for that medication is needed. It is not up to us to play doctor with our lives.

Early recovery is a form of grieving, and depression is part of that. The loss of old patterns, behaviours, friends, places, and our best friend, the substance of the moment.

Every time we change, we go through a form of depression, a grieving process. It can be a loss of a job, be it out the door or to another department. A lot of depression when I was diagnosed as being diabetic and could no longer have the foods I loved and my fibromyalgia causes a lot of things, I wish I could forget.

Just the other day, I went to put on some hard boiled eggs to cook. I went to put on a lid, and a voice inside my head says, "You aren't suppose to do that." I went to my son and asked him, "Lid on or off." The pupil becomes the teacher. I go to do things and forget, and is often referred to as the Fibro Fog. I think there is a little bit of senility there too.

I have floaters in my eyes. My doctor says it is normal and nothing can be done about them. Sometimes it is worse than others, and it is hard to accept. It is like I have bugs flying around in my eye ball. Every once in a while, I want to hit out and kill it, but so far I haven't poked my eye out. It is those little things, that can add up and become overbearing.

I get depressed when I can't sleep, but then sleeping is a sure sign of depression. I hid in my bed for years. Isolation is part of my disease, it isolates me from the good as well as the not so good.

Thanks for letting me share.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing: