Thread: Beginning Today
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 04:22 PM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

Each morning when I wake up, I turn my day over to the God of my understanding. My understanding in today is that God is all things. When I try to identify God, I limit Him/Her/It as to how my God can work in my life.

For me, God is three-fold, body, mind and spirit, which makes up me. The Bible says I was made in His image, so He must have a little bit of me in Him. Now that is a scary thought, yet I know he identifies with me, has a sense of humour, is very patient, tolerant, understanding, forgiving, and all those traits which he is try to teach me in today. Whatever the trait, the habit, the ideal, the goal, etc. God and I are working on it just for today.

All I have to worry about is this days thoughts, actions, events, etc. When I stay in today, yesterday has gone, tomorrow hasn't got here yet, and I can live the day to it's fullest.

When we understand who we really are, a full transformation happens in our lives. When we bring to light what is within us, we understand the true knowledge of who we are.

For many of us, we lost ourselves in the bottle, the next fix, the next pill, the next man/woman, the next substance, be it food or drink, the next thing that would take us out of ourselves. (work, habit, exercise, groups, etc.) Anything that would take us out of ourselves and away from having to look at ourselves.

When we focus on the positive instead of the negative, we live in the solution instead of the problem.

The solution to my disease is a spiritual one.

This may be a duplicate, but it was what I was lead to. Just got off the phone with my spiritual adviser. I am so grateful that this is a spiritual program and opens the door to people of all faiths.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote