View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 05:39 PM   #1
liz

Default Intervention/Getting over it

My family and friend held an "intervention" to get me back to meetings. I didn't argue or fight, but simply said OK when they said they wanted me to do a 90 in 90 and get a sponsor. Seemed reasonable. They then proceeded to make threats that if I didn't they would have my son taken away and how he might have to go live in TX w/ his dad (who has never even been involved) and one was mandated to report if I drink around him because she's a teacher (the law says when you know a child in a professional capacity you must report... not family/friends... seriously do your homework before you make these threats!)... they just went on about it after I'd said OK. It was almost a year ago they did this, and I still feel almost overwhelmed with how angry I feel about it. I think going on with their threats was SO unnecessary. I absolutely HATE that my anniversary is that day. I don't want to celebrate. So every year I can remember the day they made me feel small and like a piece of crap mom that doesn't deserve her kid. I'm having trouble getting over it. Are "interventions" supposed to suck so much????
liz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to liz For Sharing:
Sponsored Links