Thread: Grief
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

We go through a grieving process daily. Even more so during the holiday season, especially if we are alone.

Those of us who suffer from chronic pain, no matter what the source of that pain, goes through the grieving of:

1) What was, prior to our disability which causes our pain

2) What it use to be like, if we are so fortunate not to have been born with our challenges.

3) What we use to be able to do and can no longer.

4) The loss of our routine, mobility, memory, jobs, relationships, friends, family, etc.

You can probably add to my list, and please do. This was made just to make you aware, and to start you thinking, so you recognize that often grief and the feelings of often trigger more pain.

When we don't deal with our grief issues and keep things inside, we add more pain.

My pain was the root of my addiction. I tried to cover up and not feel it instead of looking at what caused it and what could be changed within me because so often emotional pain makes itself known physically. That can be a two way street as well.

As my chiropractor said many times over the years, "A healthy mind makes for a healthy body. I have never met someone who is so in tune with herself and her body. I can trust you." Not words you expect to hear after many years of addiction.

Have been going through several grief issues, you can get caught up in things in the moment, and not able to recognize them for what they are.

http://www.webmd.com/balance/tc/grie...eving-symptoms

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote