View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 05:39 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Not By Association

Quote:
You don't get drunk watching another drink. You don't get serenity watching others do the steps.

- Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book
Like this thought, and it made me grateful. I brought the body and the mind finally caught up. I did managed to stay sober by just going to meetings, but I did have a willingness to not go back to where I came from. I didn't think I was an alcoholic but I knew that alcohol had been a big part of the mayham in my life whether it was me drinking it, my dad or ex-husband.

I can't find the serenity and peace by watching others work a program, I have to make that decision to do it for myself. Just occupying a chair doesn't work. Just saying the serenity prayer, along with everyone else, doesn't go very far if I don't mean the words and want to apply them to my life.

God grant me the Serenity (I didn't even know what it was), to accept the things I cannot change (well I quit drinking, nothing wrong with me now that i'm not drinking), the courage to change the things I can (who the heck wants to change any way, I'm having a good time) and the wisdom to know the difference (these people are dumb, if they don't know who am I to tell them.) Who says there is a God any way. He didn't do too good by me. Asked him lots of time to get me out of trouble, and He didn't do a thing.

What needs to be changed within me and my attitude! Hopefully you will do what I did, STAY! and Keep Coming Back!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links