View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 05:06 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

October 9

Reliance
When we saw others solve their problems by a simple reliance upon
the Spirit of the Universe, we had to stop doubting the power of God.
Our ideas did not work. But the God idea did.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 52

Thought to Ponder
Reliance on God enables me to match calamity with serenity.

AA-related 'Alconym'
F R O G = Fully Rely On God.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Emotional Sobriety
"If we examine every disturbance we have, great or small,
we will find at the root of it some unhealthy dependency
and its consequent unhealthy demand.
Let us, with God's help,
continually surrender these hobbling liabilities.
Then we can be set free to live and love;
we may then be able to twelfth-step ourselves,
as well as others, into emotional sobriety."
Bill. W., AAGrapevine, January 1958
c.1967AAWS, As Bill Sees It, p. 288

Thought to Consider . . .
Sobriety is a choice and a treasure.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
A A = Altered Attitudes

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

No Matter What
Although we realize that alcoholism is a permanent, irreversible condition, our experience has taught us to make no long-term promises about staying sober. We have found it more realistic - and more successful - to say, "I am not taking a drink just for today."
Even if we drank yesterday, we can plan not to drink today. We may drink tomorrow "who knows whether we'll even be alive then? but for this 24 hours, we decide not to drink. No matter what the temptation or provocation, we determine to go to any extremes necessary to avoid a drink today.
1998, AAWS, Inc., Living Sober, page 6

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"The slogans are simple things ... these AA tranquilizers do not solve our problems, but they can calm us down, remind us of a better way to proceed, and perhaps even put us in a mood to make better decisions."
New York, N.Y., November 1958
"Using the Slogans,"
Into Action

*~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"In this book you read again and again that faith did for us what we
could not do for ourselves. We hope you are convinced now that God
can remove whatever self-will has blocked you off from Him. If you
have already made a decision, and an inventory of your grosser
handicaps, you have made a good beginning. That being so you have
swallowed and digested some big chunks of truth about yourself."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, How It Works, pg. 70~

...when I was free from parental domination, I would never again darken the doors of a church. This resolution I kept steadfastly for the next forty years” ~Alcoholics Anonymous page 172 “If you think you are an atheist, an agnostic, a skeptic, or have any other form of intellectual pride which keeps you from accepting what is in this book, I feel sorry for you. If you still think you are strong enough to beat the, gamealone, that is your affair. But if you really and truly want to quit drinking liquor for good and all, and sincerely feel that you must have some help, we know that we have an answer for you.
Alcoholics Anonymous page 181

We realize we know only a little.
-Alcoholics Anonymous p.164

Our admissions of personal powerlessness finally turn out to be firm bedrock upon which happy and purposeful lives may be built.
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p. 21

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

Every time a person imposes his instincts unreasonably upon others, unhappiness follows. If the pursuit of wealth tramples upon people who happen to be in the way, then anger, jealousy, and revenge are likely to be aroused. If sex runs riot, there is a similar uproar.
Demands made upon other people for too much attention, protection, and love can invite only domination or revulsion in the protectors themselves - two emotions quite as unhealthy as the demands which evoked them. When an individual's desire for prestige becomes uncontrollable, whether in the sewing circle or at the international conference table, other people suffer and often revolt. This collision of instincts can produce anything from a cold snub to a blazing revolution.

Prayer for the Day: A Morning Prayer: Good morning God, You are ushering in another day, all nice and freshly new. Here I come again, dear Lord. Please renew me too. Forgive the many errors I made yesterday and let me come again, dear God, to walk in Your own way. But, God, You know I cannot do it on my own. Please take my hand and hold it tight, for I cannot walk alone.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote