View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 07:40 AM   #14
yukonm
Administrator

December 14

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

We can never get enough of what we really do not want. We don't really want drugs, we want what we hope they'll bring us, wholeness, satisfaction, escape from pain.

God, as I understand You, let me see what I really want.

Spirit Calls

Spirit calls to me within and without. In a still, small voice I sense spirit whispering in my inner ear. My body feels an increasing sense of aliveness as I invite spirit to make itself known to me. I do not even need to make room for spirit, because spirit breathes in each pore within me. It fills the numbness with energy. It fills the emptiness and causes my cup to overflow with its presence. There are gifts in listening if I am willing to sense, hear and see them, lessons I can learn. Little hints that help me to appreciate what I already have and open myself to experiencing more.

I will look for evidence of spirit at work in my life

- Tian Dayton PhD

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

There is no completion for the circle of recovery. A circle has no beginning and no end. It is suggested that recovery begins when you have learned enough from those before you and pass it along to those behind. Love is the process that keeps the circle moving.

Standing hand in hand or arm in arm after a meeting I absorb the love that travels our circle of recovery.

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

To the desolate alcoholic, the act of kindness can be the difference between getting 'better' or getting 'bitter.'

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

Today I can look back with love in my heart, knowing that every moment, every experience of my life has been necessary, valuable and significant.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

Using will power to control drinking is about as effective as using will power on diarrhea. - Steve M.

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yukonm For Sharing: