View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Daily Reprieve - December

December 1

PRAY THE JAR DOES NOT BREAK

“We asked God to mold our ideals and help us to live up to them.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 69

“But the jar he was making did not turn out as he had hoped, so he crushed it into a lump of clay again and started over.” Jeremiah 18:4

For what it's worth: God had to be disappointed with me. I did not turn out as He wanted me to be. So I was afraid and ashamed to face Him when I came to Alcoholics Anonymous, but I could not dodge Him here - He was everywhere. Looking back, I see how God used people in Alcoholics Anonymous and the Twelve Steps to be rid of the drunk who walked into the rooms and mold me into what He wants me to be. This is an ongoing process. And I willingly and hopefully participate each new day, turning my will and my life over to God’s care in my Third Step prayer. What my Heavenly Father wants me to be is turning out to be His precious gift to me, full of blessings, in a cracked jar of clay. So, each new day, I also pray the jar does not break.

God bless you!
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links