View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Too Thin?

After losing weight, we may find ourselves being told that we are getting too thin. Often, the people who tell us this are not particularly thin themselves. Their comments are ostensibly made out of concern for our health, but it is more likely that they arise out of envy. Another reason could be their own personal fear of losing weight. Then, too, a thin person will sometimes feel threatened when we, who were formerly fat, come down to normal weight.

Whatever the reason, it is not the responsibility of anyone else to tell us how much we should or should not weigh. We alone are responsible for our own body.

When we turn our will and our life over to the care of our Higher Power, our body is included. The God who creates us will show us how He intends our body to look. We do not need to be concerned or swayed by the remarks of those who may not have our best interests at heart.

I trust You to take care of my body.

Have this saying, "I had to wear tights to hold my skin on. It is a good day when I feel comfortable in my own skin. I don't like it when bones stick out and my flesh doesn't cover them, not that it happened too much for me except in my teenage years. I went from flesh and a few curves, to too much flesh covering my bones. Instead of thinking thin, I would look at myself and think fat, and that would change my mind set. It was eat what I want it doesn't matter, you are already fat. I would think fat even when the swelling from my arthritis was the cause. In some cases it was don't eat, because you are fat. Yet, I heard that not eating, bloats you and puts on more weight. It was an ever ending battle. For me to gain weight was to die, yet when my son saw me losing diet, he thought I was dying.

What messages are we feeling ourselves? Fat or Thin! What does the word mean to you.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote