View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 10:54 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 8

Wisdom for Today
Today is a wonderful day, for I have no reason to fear. There was a time when this was not the case. I can remember always looking in the rearview mirror and expecting to see the police. I recall always being concerned about what my boss was thinking and wondering if he was on to me. I recall being wrapped up and controlled by fear. It made many of my decisions for me. I no longer need to be afraid because of what the program has done and continues to do for me.

Facing addiction to alcohol and drugs is not something I need to do alone. I have a support system of other addicts and alcoholics in my corner. I have a strong relationship with my Higher Power. I have a sponsor and many friends I can rely on to see me through the struggles I have in my life. Not having to face life alone and having confidence that my support system will not let me down has helped me rid my life of constant fear. Knowing that I can go to my Higher Power for strength and courage helps me to stay on track and deal with problems I may face rather than looking for a way out. Yes, today is a wonderful day. Am I facing life with courage?
Meditations for the Heart
One thing I learned in my addiction was that drinking and drugging were not as reliable as I first thought they were. In recovery I am really beginning to understand that God, as I understand Him, is very reliable. He is always there for me. All I need to do is turn to Him and let Him know what is going on and ask for direction. In His own way He reaches out to me and lets me know what I need to do. Sometimes I hear His words in what others say at meetings. Sometimes I hear His words in my morning readings and meditations. Sometimes I hear Him in the quiet places of my soul. But He is always there and always reliable. This is more than I can say for alcohol and drugs. They left me hanging in the lurch all the time. I never knew where to turn. I didn’t know which way was up. In recovery I have learned to look up for my answers. Do I have faith in the reliability of my Higher Power?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,

Let me rejoice in this day because it is a day that I no longer have to fear. I know that this gift is from You, my Divine Spirit. Let me always turn to You in my time of need. Let me always listen for Your voice for the answers I am seeking. Help me this day to walk the walk that You want me to walk. Keep me on the right path.

Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: