View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 10:54 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 9

Wisdom for Today
Sometimes I grow restless in my recovery. I have an itch that something is not right with my life. I grow impatient, and I want my life to change. This restlessness of the spirit is something that all addicts and alcoholics experience from time to time in the recovery process. We can try to ignore the itch, but this does not work. The restlessness continues. When I grow restless, I have discovered that it is often because I have left something undone. I have unfinished work to do. It may be because I have more work to do on one of the steps. It may be because I have become lazy in my spiritual life and not attended to taking care of myself spiritually. It may be because I have become stubborn about not making changes that I need to make. It may be that I have let my meeting attendance or service work slip.

Regardless of the reason, my restlessness is a sign to which I need to pay attention. This restlessness of my spirit tells me that something is amiss in my life. Ignoring this restlessness only can lead to trouble. All of us know what happens when we ignore a health problem and try to be our own physician. The problem becomes worse until we finally seek help. Unfortunately, sometimes people wait when they become restless until it is too late, and the consequences can be severe or even deadly. When my spirit becomes restless, I know I must not try to be my own physician. I need to reach out to others in the program and talk about what is going on until I discover what the cause of my restlessness is. Once I discover what this restlessness is about, I continue to use others in recovery to help me bring the restlessness to an end. Do I pay attention to my spirit when it becomes restless?
Meditations for the Heart
To know peace is to receive a gift from God. In the midst of a world that often surrounds me with noise and confusion, I can know peace. I can know a peace that passes all human understanding. I can know a peace that is a gift from God, with whom I have a relationship. I can have a serenity that allows me not to be bothered by all the noise and confusion. I can walk through my day without being troubled by worry. I truly wish I were capable of hanging onto this peace in all that I do, but the reality is that I can get caught up in all the distractions that the noise and confusion can bring. In recovery I give thanks for the time I can hold onto this peace. I get better at holding onto it for longer periods of time the longer I stay clean and sober. Still I find too often I want to get back in charge and end up ruining the peace I have. At times when this happens, I go back to the beginning and honestly admit that I am lost again. I ask my Higher Power to lead me back to the path that leads to His peace. I surrender, and I find the peace again, or more accurately I should say His peace finds me. Am I open to accepting His peace?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,

You know how I can get off track and know how easy it is for me to be distracted. Help me this day to stay focused and open to receive Your gift of peace. Should I become restless today, help me to take action to correct whatever is out of whack. Help me to use the tools and the people You have put in my life. Let me not ignore restlessness in my spirit.

Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: