View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 12:27 PM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 4

THE PATH OF SPIRITUAL PROGRESS

“Both you and the new man must walk day by day in the path of spiritual progress.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 100

“Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you.” Psalm 143:8

For what it’s worth: During my active years of alcoholism I was not walking, but falling rapidly into hell. Alcoholics Anonymous was the net God used to break my fall. I was placed on that path where rarely do we see a person fail, and I was taught to walk day by day in the direction of spiritual progress. I gave myself to God and He gave Himself to me. Not only does He show me where to walk, He walks with me. In my weakness, however, I tend to let go of God’s hand and lose site of my goal, wandering around aimlessly, distracted from anything spiritual, or lost in a spiritually dry desert. One way my Heavenly Father brings me back on track is introducing me to another suffering soul who needs help. He knows that working with others is a powerful tool for maintaining my spiritual condition. I have to be a good example, living the Twelve Steps day by day, guiding the other person up those Steps as we both walk with our Heavenly Father toward spiritual progress.

God bless you!
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: