View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 11:14 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 5

PROTECTION & CARE

"We asked His protection and care with complete abandon." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 59

"No one can snatch them out of my Father's hand." John 10: 28

For what it's worth: All was lost to alcoholism, and I ended up deeply insecure, easily threatened, and highly mistrustful. I carried these traits into Alcoholics Anonymous, feeling skeptical of the people and the program, even afraid of losing the hope I found at my first meeting. My fear caused me to talk with my sponsor and he suggested the Third Step of Alcoholics Anonymous. I found the “protection and care” I so desperately needed when I made a decision to turn my will and my life over to the care of God. Instead of losing the hope, it has grown. Everything I place in God's hands increases in value. No one can snatch away any of God's gifts, except me.....I would lose all with that first drink.

God bless you!
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: