View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 11:14 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 6

COUNTING ON GOD

“First of all, we had to quit playing God.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 62

“I am counting on the Lord. I have put my hope in His word.” Psalm 130: 5

For what it's worth: Insecure and mistrusting, I felt an overwhelming need to control. But my best efforts failed. And no wonder, I was living without God and a slave to alcohol. Finally, when there was nowhere else to turn for help, I came to Alcoholics Anonymous. I was desperate, so I did what was suggested. After all, it had worked for thousands of others. I accepted my powerlessness and my need for a Higher Power. And I came to believe that God cared for me and would grant whatever I needed, if I asked. Throughout my sober years in Alcoholics Anonymous I have asked for God's help unknown times. He always provides. And I am always amazed at His creativity in the ways He takes care of even my smallest needs.

God bless you!
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: