View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 08:29 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 8

A FIRM FOUNDATION

"Adversity truly introduces us to ourselves." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 530, (Fourth Edition)

"After you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation." 1 Peter 5:10

For what it's worth: Growing up in an alcoholic family and my own alcoholism reduced my life to warfare. To survive, I built strong defenses. It was lonely behind those walls. And fighting life day after day created raging inner torment. I sought relief in Alcoholics Anonymous with no idea of the severity of the pain necessary to surrender and tear down my defenses. I would not have had the strength to endure except for the supportive people of Alcoholics Anonymous and the grace of God. As I sobered up and came out from behind my walls, the Twelve Steps introduced me to myself and to a merciful God who loved me just as the war-torn mess I was. We have worked hard together for many sober years, building a solid foundation for a life of peace. Today I will enjoy it and be grateful.

God bless you!
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: