View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 10:07 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 10

LITTLE IN RETURN

"When I first came to this Fellowship, I had lost my health and sanity, my friends, much of my family, my self-respect, and my God. In the years since, all of these have been restored to me." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 368, Fourth Edition

"With joy you will drink deeply from the fountain of salvation!" Isaiah 12: 3

For what it's worth: Everything of value was ruined by my alcoholism. I had no hope any would ever be restored. That despair is all I brought to my first Alcoholics Anonymous meeting, but I left with hope that my ruins could be restored. And, indeed, through my years living the Twelve Steps in Alcoholics Anonymous, a merciful God has given me a new family and reconstructed everything of value in my life. I thank Him many times each day. Still, I am very much aware of how little I do for Him in return.

God bless you!
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: