View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 09:41 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 12

HE LEADS, I FOLLOW

“…We ask God for inspiration, an intuitive thought or a decision.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 86

“He will give you another Counselor who will never leave you.” John 14:16

For what it's worth: Alcoholism dumped me at the doors of Alcoholics Anonymous with an empty heart, a dark soul, alone, confused, indecisive, and wandering about without direction, purpose or meaning. I was just right for the people of Alcoholics Anonymous. They knew exactly what to do. They directed me to a Counselor. He and I have worked together for many sober years now, and I find my Guide is more like a Good Shepherd. He leads, I follow. When I am not sure which way to go, He shows me. He is always with me, even in storms when the path is dark. And He knows I tend to go astray more than most of His flock, so he keeps a close eye on me. When I go off on my own, He comes after me, carrying me in his arms, near his heart, back to the right path.

God bless you!
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: