View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 09:58 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 15

THE FIERY TONGUE

"Are we now ready to let God remove from us all the things which we have admitted are objectionable? Can He now take them all -- every one? If we still cling to something we will not let go, we ask God to help us be willing." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 76

"The tongue is a flame of fire. It is full of wickedness that can ruin your whole life. It can turn the entire course of your life into a blazing flame of destruction, for it is set on fire by hell itself." James 3: 6

For what it's worth: Relationships were cremated by the fire of the tongue when combined with alcohol and the self-righteousness and self-absorption of my alcoholism. Thank God, sobriety in Alcoholics Anonymous has given me tools to drown the fire. But coals can still flare up even after years of living the Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous and practicing the Prayer of St. Francis. Loved ones and close relationships can be harmed, not to mention the agony caused me. This is a hard core defect that demands my perseverance with Steps Six and Seven, daily begging God to remove it. I am so very grateful He loves me just as I am, with my defects still outnumbering my virtues.

God bless you!
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: