View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 11:25 AM   #26
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 26

Wisdom for Today
Sometimes when I stop and think about it, I realize just how fortunate I am. What would I have done if there were no Twelve Step program around? I think about what it must have been like in the days when alcoholics and addicts ended up in the asylum and were declared hopeless by the doctors that treated them. I know I would have ended up dead. But I was fortunate enough to get good treatment and get introduced to the Twelve Step program. When I read about the history of the beginnings of AA and think about what it must have been like for these people, sometimes waiting a month or more to get to a meeting, I am amazed they even made it. Guess it just shows that working the steps, trusting in a Higher Power and taking it one day at a time really works.
The program has taken my life from a pile of rubble and transformed it into something wonderful. This is not to say that I don't still have my share of problems; I do. But my life has been rebuilt through the process of working the steps and using the tools I have been given. The program has taken my personality, beliefs and attitudes and reshaped them and molded me into something that I really like. I am grateful for this new way of living and for the wealth of resources that are available to me. Have I found a better way to live my life through the program?
Meditations for the Heart
When I have a million things going on in my life, it becomes especially hard to listen to God. It seems that my attention is torn in many different directions at once, and none of these directions leads to a place of communion with my Higher Power. In these busy times it is very important to start my day with the same routine, reading my program literature and talking to God in prayer. It is important for me to start off my day centered with God. If I don't do this, I find that I hurry into my day and get off center very quickly. Just this simple act in the morning can keep me centered throughout my day. On those days that I seem to be loosing touch and drifting off center, my morning routine reminds me that I need to stop long enough to get back in touch with my Higher Power and get centered again. Do I have a routine for starting my day off right?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
In quietness I come to You to listen to You talk to me through my thoughts and feelings. I come to You to be filled with the strength I need for the day. I come to You to help me focus on what it important and how to accomplish the tasks I have. Thank You for the wonderful people You have placed in my life – this fellowship of brothers and sisters that can listen to me scream and can listen to me laugh. I am truly grateful for the program and for my relationship with You.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: