Old 08-12-2014, 04:57 AM   #14
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Tuesday, August 12, 2014

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Directness

Direct people are a joy to be around.

We never have to guess what they're really thinking or feeling, because they're honest about their thoughts and openly express their feelings.

We never have to wonder if they're with us because they want to be, or if they're there out of guilt and obligation.

When they do something for us, we don't have to worry whether they'll end up resenting us because direct people generally do things that please themselves.

We don't have to fuss about the status of our relationship because if we ask, they'll tell us.

We don't have to worry if they're angry because they deal openly with their anger and resolve it quickly.

We don't have to ponder whether they are talking about us behind our backs because if they have something to say, it will be said to us directly.

We don't have to wonder if we can rely on them because direct people are trustworthy.

Wouldn't it be nice if we were all direct?

Today, I will let go of my notions that it is somehow good or desirable to be indirect. Instead, I will strive for honesty, directness, and clarity in my communication. I will let directness in my relationships begin with me.
I like the idea and try to be direct. Sometimes, I find that even a word will trigger me, and although it may not have the initial meaning and message they are portraying, but it is what I need for my own awareness and my healing in recovery.

Tell it as it is. Even if you aren't in the same place someone else (some times that is a good thing), it is okay, it is where you are at. It is about you and your God working the program together. You might not be where they are at, you might not have gotten there yet, or just maybe you have a deeper understanding, or a different outlook. It is okay, if you are wrong, that is okay, your God will bring you there. I was told there is no wrong or right way of doing things, it is a direct contact with my God and working with Him, talking to my sponsor, and going to meetings. My meetings are on line, so that is why I try to be direct with you.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote