Old 03-31-2014, 12:23 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Daily Reprieve - April

April 1

I BELONG

“We are not saints.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 60

“May God be merciful and bless us.” Psalm 67:1

For what it's worth: Who would love me? I was a drunken mess of defects, self-absorption, and rage. For years my heart was empty and I was alone until I found love in a room full of sober drunks in Alcoholics Anonymous. Looking back, I realize now I felt love in the way those kind folks welcomed me as a part of themselves just as the mess I was. Immediately I knew I was among understanding friends who turned out to be much more, my guides on a long and spectacular spiritual journey. Along the way I was introduced to the merciful and loving Heavenly Father Who blessed me with membership in Alcoholics Anonymous. With my weaknesses and failings, I am deeply grateful to be where “we are not saints”. That is what saved me initially. Had there been "saints" in those meeting rooms, I would have had to leave. As it is, I stayed because I belong.

God bless you!
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links