View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 09:28 AM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default You can't scare an alcoholic/addict!!!

Quote:
Saw this and thought of my dad. He use to smoke these or Buckinghams years ago when I was a kid. He died as a result of his alcohol addiction yet cigarettes were a contributing factor too. He had infosema. You can't scare an addict.

http://dcqna.com/diseases-conditions/53654-y61.html
Not sure I spelled the word right, but it was a heart condition. In today my two sisters and myself all have heart conditions. One smoked for a while when she was young, the other one never smoked, and me, I smoked like a chimney.

There are still days when I think, "Gee a cigarette would be good right now." I would think it would calm me, when in fact, it stuffs my feelings and doesn't allow me to deal with my emotions in the moment, in today.

I am glad that the link still works. A drug is a drug, and cigarettes was the hardest for me to let go of. My doctor put me on an inhaler so I wouldn't have to give up pills, alcohol, and cigarettes. I ended up with 3 inhalers a day. When something stops working for me, and I find I keep needing more, I know I need to apply my program and work the Steps in my life. The 12 Steps are applicable to all areas of my life.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links