View Single Post
Old 08-06-2016, 02:50 AM   #565
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome back Little Wing, good to hear from you. When I came off my prescription drugs, I was taken off the a half pill at a time. I would have to go from the YWCA to the pharmacy at the mall about a three block walk each day to pick up my pills for the day. As they say, "If you have to control it, it is already out of control." It was a week of hell that I never want to repeat and was a good reason to stay clean and sober.

The body will manufacture the pain to tell you that you need more. You feel you can never get by without it, after all, I am hurting you know. Just for today, I choose not to use. Prescription drugs were liked dried-up alcohol and it tells us in the Big Book. Alcohol is a drug. Food is a drug. Anything that I am obsessive/compulsive about is a drug and stands between me and my God. The 12 Steps are applicable to all areas of my life, and that includes the pain, not just the pills. The drugs are but a symptom of my dis-ease, the problem is me. I used men and relationships for years. Stayed in an abusive marriage because I didn't think I could do better and didn't know I deserved better.

Hope you will continue to come and share your journey with us.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote