View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Remember your spiritual side

"The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays."

-- Soren Kierkegaard

Reminding ourselves often of our spiritual natures truly changes the quality of our lives. It helps us relax, slow down, lighten up, and generally find more space and joy in life.

When we get down on ourselves or life, we can pull back and ask, "How
might my soul regard this situation? What am I being invited to experience?"

This shift in perspective helps us let go of the resistance that always comes with negativity. As energy once again begins to flow, our outlook brightens.

"Spirituality is the sacred center out of which all life comes, including Mondays and Tuesdays and rainy Saturday afternoons in all their mundane and glorious detail. ... The spiritual journey is the soul's life commingling with ordinary life."

-- Christina Baldwin

"It is not my business to think about myself. My business is to think about God. It is for God to think about me."

-- Simone Weil

- Higher Awareness (used with permission)

When I get stuck, perhaps it is time to move on to a new Step, or go back and look at one I either missed, or go and look at one and find new awareness and a spiritual awakening.

Step 3 was the big one for me, until I got to Step 11. Step 11 is a maintenance Step, and something I need to practice.

Steps 10, 11, and 12 allow me to find sobriety, not just stay clean and sober. Sobriety is peace of mind. I have to work on my emotional sobriety daily, that is why I have to keep coming back.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Last edited by MajestyJo; 12-25-2013 at 09:08 AM. Reason: format
MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing: