Thread: CODEPENDANCY
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Had the thought, detaching from others and isolating doesn't stop you from being codependent!

Found this interesting. I qualify.

http://www.way2hope.org/codependency...definition.htm

Had a friend in NA who didn't believe in Codependency. She said that as addicts we are dependent on our drug of choice. Some people are addicted to people, places, and things. Again, the substance, is but a symptom of our disease.

Ordered the book "Finding Your Way Home" by Melody Beattie and I had to return it because the print was too small. I had it out of the library years ago, and it was fantastic but I wasn't able to read that much then, aI started at the beginning and re-read it over and over; so had to take it back and never got it finished. I am thinking now of ordering it again and using a magnifying glass to read it.

My book Codependent No More has long gone, don't remember who I loaned it to. I also had Beyond Codependency too and I no longer have it. I do have a copy of The Language of Letting Go. It has been a long-time favourite.

Looking for others to do it for us and/or turning it over to God and not willing to do the foot work for ourselves.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote