View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 07:37 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

Power for Living Part 12 - Trusting God

by Gail Rodgers
I met a little, old blind lady one winter. She was part of a Bible Study group of older women. Somehow I connected with this group of ladies. It was an odd mix. They were Grandmothers and I was a young mom with three little ones.

It was a financially challenging winter for us that year. I knew all the phrases about trusting God and truly did to some degree. But nothing like these grannies! They trusted God in everything! Nothing was too small to pray about! I was the pupil that winter as I learned from these Godly women how to trust God. As situations were discussed, one particular Granny would always comment, “Where prayer focuses, God’s power falls”. And then with great faith, they would pray over the needs, asking for God’s power to come in, while I tried hard to keep my preschoolers quiet.
As I recall that winter, now many years later, I am reminded of a verse in the Bible as I think of those dear ladies who taught me so much about trusting God.
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13
I realized these ladies had shown me that taking everything to God, little or big, and expecting His power to fall, filled me with hope in the God of Hope! As I saw His answers to specific situations I focused on in prayer, my joy and peace did actually increase. I found that He could make me overflow with hope through the power of His Holy spirit. My only part was to trust. Each little answer grew my trust in the God of Hope! He builds a track record of faithfulness in our lives. Faithfulness that continues to overflow hope in our lives even when circumstances seem hopeless.
If you have a hard time trusting God, find someone who has lived their life and found God to be faithful. Find someone who has a track record of seeing the God of Hope pour out His power. Walk with them a way on the road of life. As your faith and trust in our great God grows, you will find yourself overflowing with hope. You too will, in turn, spur others on toward the God of Hope.
Trust in Him!
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote