View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 10:53 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 13

SELF-PITY

“He begins to think life doesn't treat him right.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 61

“I am surrounded by fierce lions who greedily devour human prey...My heart is confident in you, O God.” Psalm 57: 4 & 7

For what it’s worth: Based upon my drunken evaluation, God and life were cruel to me. Self-pity was a fierce lion devouring me from the inside out. Even long into recovery, that lion would come roaring into my heart and soul as soon as I became the least non-accepting of life on life's terms. It still can. In addition, when I am whining about life, I am usually suffering with false pride, making it difficult to confess. However, I must admit it to God, my sponsor and at a meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous. That practice has definitely dwindled the times I complain about life. In truth, there is no room for self-pity when I focus on all the wonders my Heavenly Father has placed in my life.

God bless you!
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: