View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 12:40 PM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 14

“WATCH AND PRAY”

“We have admitted certain defects; we have ascertained in a rough way what the trouble is; we have put our finger on the weak times in our personal inventory.”
- Alcoholics Anonymous, page 72

"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak." - Matthew 26:41

For what it’s worth: Alcohol evaporated any moral fortitude that I ever had. I came to Alcoholics Anonymous with a weak will and an empty soul, so I am deeply grateful for the statement in the Big Book: “We are not saints.” That helps me feel at home. But, amazing changes happen here in AA as the result of living our Twelve Steps. Oh, I did not become a saint or anything close, but I found some depth of character I never had, and I found strength from a Higher Power. All too often I am still weak willed with faltering faith, but now I have a Heavenly Father Who loves me unconditionally, especially when my spirit is willing, but my body is weak. So, I need not beat up on myself, but focus on His love for this needy child of His. Today, I will do my best to “watch and pray” with Him.

God bless you!
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: