Thread: Gratitude List
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 10:18 PM   #427
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful for another day of sobriety. Here I am late again.
Grateful that the sun decided to shine today. We are suppose to get some hot weather in the coming days, so I went and bought me a bigger fan for my bedroom. The little pink one that plugs into my computer, is not giving off much of a breeze. It does a better job of being pink and annoying me (it was the only fan they had left).
Grateful that it has served me in good stead and I hope I didn't hurt his feelings by buying another one. Even though it is pink, I called it him, because it is blowing hot air. Sorry!!! My bad, just couldn't resist.
Grateful that I got my shopping done. Not so grateful that I couldn't get to my group,
Grateful that my son is sharing the chocolate chip cookies I bought him.
Grateful the the bus driver today pulled the bus up to the curb so I could get on. I had to ask, but he complied.
Grateful that I listened to myself. I chose to get off the bus instead of going to the end of the root and take it back to my street, because I didn't want to walk 4 blocks uphill. I would have missed the drama of the guy drive a fancy white car on the wrong side of the street, blocking the street and the fire truck had to back down the whole street. He must have been a very good driver to do that. I think I would have been inclined to move the car.
Grateful that some days are better than others.
Grateful that I have a program and the tools of recovery to draw on in times of stress.
Grateful for the food I have to eat, even if some of it isn't so good for me, like my butterscotch sauce to put on my Vanilla ice cream.
Grateful for those who follow my journey. Without you, there is no me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote