View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 11:55 AM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Acting Out Our Defects of Character

A temper will get us into trouble and pride will keep us there.

I can't save my face and my butt at the same time.

- Pocket Sponsor

How many times, I was going to get back, 'fix' you, I'll get even with you for that one, and hang on to a resentment, and allow my pride to not give in, not willing to surrender, and the next thing I know, everything is blown out of proportion and no one wants to give in.

How many times I got angry, it is all his (her) fault, they are the ones with the problem and the disease, forgetting it is a family disease, and what my A has, I do too. It isn't always about them, it is about me and my own defects of character. I am not lily white and without faults of my own. As I shared with a friend last night, it is often the pot calling the kettle black. We don't realize that what we see in others, is a reflection from something within ourselves.

Not only not being able to save face or preventing ourselves from falling on our butt, often it is taking one foot out to put the other one in. We can't take the words back, we can't cover them up, and we compound interest by adding to the problem by opening our mouths again.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links