View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 02:10 AM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Monday, August 4, 2014

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

God's Time

When we feel under pressure and fear that there will not be enough time to do the things we think we need to do, it helps to stop for a moment and remember that all time is God's. We may be wanting to do more than we should in the same way that we wanted to eat more than we needed. Exchanging compulsive overeating for compulsive activity is no solution to our problem.

Turning over our lives to our Higher Power as we begin each day allows Him to schedule what we will do and when we will do it. He knows our capabilities even better than we do, and He does not give us more to do than we can manage. To benefit from His guidance, we need to stay in touch with our inner selves and not get swept away by external demands.

In the past, we may have alternated between periods of non-productive lassitude and frantic bursts of activity. As we maintain ourselves on an even keel physically by abstaining from compulsive overeating, we learn moderation and order as God shows us how to use the time He gives us.

Please order the time which You give me every day.
God's Time, what a beautiful thing. How many times did we give up and lost our patience and tried to make things happen or give God a little hint or push in the way you would have Him go.

Like the last line. To me, when I live one day at a time, the whole day is His. Even when I fall asleep on the job, make a decision that leads me away, He brings me back. I have been given a second chance at life, why should I pick up things that will kill me. Sometimes I slip and sometimes I don't always realize where something will take me, but the biggest error is going away from God. No matter what the substance, it all leads to the same soul sickness.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote