View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 07:51 AM   #33
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Saturday, May 31, 2014

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Friends Are For Helping

Now that we have found our place in a fellowship of sympathetic friends, we no longer need to be lonely. We have friends who understand us, even though we may only know their first names. Since we are all compulsive overeaters, we share similar experiences and feelings.

Reaching out to others in the program helps us to better understand and accept ourselves. The new life OA gives us needs to be shared in order to be kept. Calling newcomers, sharing transportation, keeping in touch with someone who is having trouble - these contacts strengthen our defenses against old habits and prevent us from slipping back into lo neliness. The friends we make through OA are related to us by a deep spiritual bond.

When we are in trouble, we should not be too proud to ask for help. We cannot control this disease by ourselves. Our phone call to another member in time of difficulty is not an imposition but another link in the chain of mutual support.

May I be a giver and receiver of help and friendship.
My friend called the other night and I wasn't able to talk to her, because I was in too much pain and had to go to my bed. Later when I woke to post, I got the message "rose quartz" as to what she needed. She phoned while I was out and called her, didn't have time to talk long because I had to get ready to go to the sleep disorder clinic. Told her I loved her and told her to look up Rose Quartz on her computer. She had a rose quartz bracelet, so she can meditate with that.

They are still having court appearance of her son's murder.

http://www.healing-crystals-for-you....z-crystal.html

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote