View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 07:44 PM   #4
yukonm
Administrator

deeek, there was a time in my life where although I was sober, i wasn't practicing the principles of the AA program. I still had a lot of material stuff BUT I was also living way beyond my means.
Before I got into the trouble which led me to recovery, I had a WHOLE LOT of money. the courts froze all my assets and I literally went from riches to rags overnight. I had enough cash on hand to pay a good attorney and my expenses for a few months but soon I found myself in deep financial trouble.
I was too proud to let everyone know. Instead pretending that I was on top of things. After all, I still had my big house, big fancy car and dressed like a movie star every single day. I looked real good on the outside. Inside I was full of fear, lost and sinking spiritually. Then came the day when I could longer live the lie..........I lost my home.
It took a lot of courage to admit to everyone that I had been living a lie and even more courage to ask for help. BUT I did and people embraced me and I did find help.
It was also at this point that I surrendered my will over to the care of God. Since that time my spiritual life has grown and my relationship with God is a personal and intimate one.
Just thought I would share this experience with you.

One Day At A Time

yukonm is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yukonm For Sharing: