View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 01:46 AM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Today's Gift for Families - June 2014

Quote:
Sunday, June 1, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn whatever state I may be in, therein to be content.
—Helen Keller

Close observation of small children playing, ants moving across a dirt mound, a bird building a nest, a plane flying overhead, tomatoes ripening in a garden are quiet reminders of the many miracles surrounding us at any moment. Often we may wonder just how a carrot grows from a small seed. What enables a robin to fly south in the winter without getting lost? And then we remember the power of the Creator, and the presence of that power everywhere.

Just as the squirrel knows to collect nuts for winter, each of us knows we're always being watched over by God. When we remember that, we feel safe and happy wherever we are, at school, a new friend's house, home alone in the evening. Every moment is full of wonder, and God is always present.

What small things will I share with God today?
Nothing is too small!

A lady from my church came to visit me many years ago. I had invited her for Boxing Day and fed her leftovers. She was a real dear, did a lot of service in the church and in the community even though she was 70 years old, very small and looked very fragile. Her strength came from within.

After dinner, she offered to dry the dishes. I said, "Don't worry, sit back and relax, God dries the dishes in this apartment." She smiled and said, "Don't you think you are depending on God just a little too much." I said, "No! He created the heaven and the earth, the air we breathe, and my dishes are air dried. I thank Him for His daily gifts to me, including the air I breathe. It is there, there are just some days, I breathe it better than others.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links