View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 11:27 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 8

Wisdom for Today
Sometimes when I was sitting at a meeting, I would hear someone else describe a life struggle, and I would say to myself, “I’ve been there.” Maybe my experience is not exactly the same, but the feeling seemed to be identical. The thinking and beliefs were the same. Then when it was my turn to comment, I stayed with the topic rather than relate my experience. For a long time I did this, and I’m not really sure why I did that. Maybe it was because I didn’t want to look like a non-conformist. Maybe it was because I was so new in the program and didn’t think my life experience was of any value. Maybe it was because I thought that I would sound foolish. I’m not really sure.
But as I grew in my program, I began to reach out to others. I would share my experiences when it was turn to comment. I would seek people out after the meeting and talk with them further. I began to discover that sharing my life made me feel better. Even if what I had to say didn’t help the other person, it helped me. Helping others is one of the best ways to help you stay clean and sober. And when you hear back that sharing your experience actually helped the other person, well, helping someone else has to be one of the greatest of all human experiences. Do I regularly share my experience, strength and hope?
Meditations for the Heart
I can remember times in my recovery where it really felt like I was at war. Dealing with some of my life problems or character defects or matters of self-will, I felt like I was under constant attack from the enemy; and I didn’t even really know who the enemy was. Sometimes I felt like I was my own worst enemy. History has been filled with many battles and wars. There have been great leaders, and there have been really sick tyrants. But all these leaders and tyrants pass, wars end, and then someone else tries to dominate. In recovery the real wars we fight are within. Yes, we may want to direct our anger and rage at someone else. We may want to blame others. But the real battles are spiritual battles. It is only in winning these spiritual battles that we experience a victory that leads to joy, peace of mind and an abundant life. I have found that I need to face all my spiritual battles with a heart of courage and one of faith. Do I know that where God is, there is also victory?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
Lead me to share my life experience with others in the program, just as others helped me by sharing their life experiences with me. Help me to have a heart filled with courage and faith, so that I may be rewarded with victory in the spiritual battles I face in my life. Let me be a strong warrior in these battles, filled with the confidence that You are on my side.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: