Thread: Control
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 06:08 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
There are only two things I get to 'control today'--me and my attitude. The rest simply ain't mine.

I spent (and still am spending) a whole lot of time on that 11th step, learning and relearning the principle on whole new levels. The awakenings haven't always been painless, but they've been joyous. I've learned that control is a delusion. I never had it, I'll never have it over anything but me and my attitude and I can stop adding up the times when I've done 'A' and got 'B'....truth is I oughta be looking at the times I did 'A' and got 'oops, that didn't work'. That one validates the truth--which is I have zero control over what goes on 'outside' of me and all the control in the world on what goes on 'inside' of me.

And I get to choose how I'll deliver the message to the other human beings who reside around me. Seeings how it's G-d's message of brotherly love I'm delivering, probably ought to choose my attitude wisely, don't ya think? LOL

Control is a delusion...always has been, always will be. Just more proof of how delusional I was and sometimes can be, eh? LOL

(I'll note the 'sad' dancing letters on the top of the post, and just assure you that you're loveble, loving and loved!)

Reply to my post by graced (used with permission)

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing: